Monday, May 5, 2014

Obsession: Antique Pickling Jars

I know you've seen them, I'm sure you've heard of them, and if you're like me, you can't possibly get enough of them!


http://pillo.bigcartel.com/product/vintage-large-pickle-jar
via Pillo Vintage/Handmade
Pickling Jars are all the rage these days,
and I couldn't be happier!

These wonderful treasures have become so popular, in fact, that even Pottery Barn was sourcing "found" versions of the them until their "limited quantities" ran out.
 
Traditionally used in Eastern Europe as a means for preserving fruits and vegetables for long, hard winters, these wonderfully versatile jars can now function as beautiful vases for flowering branches, vessels for housing favorite antique collections, and are the most perfect options for gorgeous terrariums.
 
So enough with the gab, I say...
Let's marvel at their beauty!

via Pottery Barn


via Pinterest
Not sure what you think, but I'm pretty sure
flatwear has never looked better than showcased like this!

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/cooperrowevintageliving/product/vintage-pickling-jars
via NotOnTheHighStreet.com

What a perfect way to display a holiday collection of Paperwhites!
I know I'll be stocking up for next season!


via PotteryBarn

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/cooperrowevintageliving/product/vintage-pickling-jars
via NotOnTheHighStreet.com
 
via Pottery Barn


via Pottery Barn

via Pottery Barn
 
via NotOnTheHighStreet.com
via Pottery Barn
So are you in love yet? 
I know I am, moreso even than before!
 
If you must have one or seven for yourself, be sure to peruse the listings on Craigslist and Etsy, Ebay also has some nice options.
Prices range from $80-$200 depending on the size and condition of the jars.
With such reasonable price points how can you afford to pass one up?!
 
 
Best wishes and happy shopping friends!
 
 
 xo,
Britt
 


No comments:

Post a Comment