Monday, June 23, 2014

Life Through The Instagram Lens

 While glossy photos with DSLR cameras are standard form for sharing moments captured and memories made during trips taken, when on vacation these days I find myself reaching for my trusty smart phone more and more.  My phone is often the perfect way to chronicle just about anything that strikes my fancy, and is certainly more portable and convenient than my bulky Canon.

 Of course my chosen medium for sharing such images is Instagram,
its such a wonderful way to document the visual morsels of daily life, while also keeping up with family, friends, and like-minded photogs.
 
On a recent trip to the Big Apple, I snapped some shots that I adore...
here are a few of my favorites:
I was thrilled to stay in the heart of the Upper West Side, such a charming neighborhood, and just near Central Park.  I especially loved the Lincoln Center Alliums, these wonderful purple tufts greeted me enthusiastically every morning and were everywhere, and giant and gorgeous!
 
 
 
 
 A few scenes from the Upper West Side, and dining on Chelsea Market grub in Central Park...Yum!
 
 
 
 
I loved playing tourist in Little Italy and indulging in pizza and crispy, creamy macarons in Soho.  (Hint for future visitors: do yourself the favor and go to Rubirosa Pizza, I can't recommend this adorable neighborhood spot enough, absolute perfection!)
 
 
 
And of course I loved exploring Ellis Island and seeing Lady Liberty in person.  An absolute necessity if you've never had to pleasure of making her acquaintance!
 
So while I'm thrilled with the bounty of photos I can now admire anytime I login to Instagram, the idea that I couldn't embellish my home with such pics was a little disheartening...That is until I came across a few great websites that make printing and sharing Instagram photos possible!
 
 
http://printstagr.am/
via Printstagram
Printstagram—The site offers a variety of print options for Instagram photos, the 20x40 inch posters are sure to be a gorgeous addition to any living or bedroom wall. I'm also loving the the Polaroid-style miniprints ($12 for 48 prints, above) which have wide borders and would allow them to double as note cards.
 
http://www.artifactuprising.com/site/home
via Artifact Uprising
Artifact Uprising—I adore the options from Artifact Uprising, which incorporate reclaimed pinewood from the company's Colorado backyard. Clipboard calendars ($25, above) with a print for each month are perfect for your favorite workstation.

https://boomf.com/
via Boomf
Boomf—And of course, if a little whimsy is your cup of cocoa, Boomf is just the place for your order of custom Instagram prints on deliciously fluffy marshmallows! At $26 for a box of 9, this will surely be a treat for children and adults, alike!
 
So go crazy snapping pics and making prints galore!
 
Oh and if we aren't already, let's hang out over on IG…you can follow me here
Or find me under my username: harvestmarkethome
 
xo,
Britt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment